This image is created with Blizzard Fansite Kit

Friday, October 21

A horrible nightmare

Elune, I feel like I've slept for days. My every inch hurts like being beaten. I had the most horrible nightmare, though I do not believe it can be only a dream. It was way too lifelike. I have to write it down, the parts I remember at least. It may be important if I try to recall what has happened to me... or how I ended up in this vile place.

In my dream there were pillars of fire and blue demons that surrounded them. I was there, bound by spells. Fiery shackles held me in place. Even though it was a dream I could feel the shackles burning me. The time dragged and the demons, they were anxious. At times I blacked out. And even when I was unconscious I felt the burn of the spells and heard vicious growling. My life was draining out. My flesh was melting. I prayed but the demonic spells blocked my prayers from going to The Goddess. I screamed in pain, but the noise of the burning shackles was louder than my screams. I cried but the heat of the fires vaporated my tears and the burning fumes hurt my eyes. Every second felt like eternity. I tried to wake up, but the shackles kept me bound in the nightmare. Slowly I felt my life leaving me and feeding the demons.

And then, a vision of my sister appeared in front of me. She was armored in silvery moonlight. She had a shield with the face of Elune. Her sword was made out of moonlight. "Take my hand", she said. "Step out of the cage, and follow me." She grabbed my hand and I felt the power returning to my body. Cool shadows covered my body, and I did not feel the burning anymore. The cage was broken. The demons attacked. We faced them together.

The battle. It was horrible. For abomination we slayed two more attacked us. I prayed pain on the devils. And I saw the shadow words eating them alive. I attacked their minds and I saw their heads explode. And I saw my sister's moonlight sword cut them in half. They hit me but I did not feel pain anymore. Scores of demons were no match for the shadow and the moon.

Somehow we fought our way to a doorway. "Go!" she yelled at me. I looked back from were we had come and I saw corpses. It must have been hundreds, maybe thousands of demon carcasses. I thanked her for saving me. She kissed me on my forehead. "I have always been there for you", she said. "Have faith in me." And when I looked at her face, she was not my sister anymore, but the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on. She was glowing with moonfire. And I stared her glowing brighter and brighter. "Now go", she smiled. As I turned my back at her and ran through the doorway, I saw the world turning white from the moonlight. It was as if the world had exploded into a beatiful white light.

Then I woke up.

That was the dream I had. Now I keep thinking, how much of it is true. Did that truly happen to me. The burnmarks on my body imply that it did. But it all seems too unbelievable to be true.

It was just a dream.

But aren't dreams a gateway to our hearts and souls?

No comments: