This image is created with Blizzard Fansite Kit

Wednesday, August 23

Goodbye, my friend!

Goodbye Iani, may the gods and goddesses have more mercy on you in death than they did in life!

I am not proud of what I did. But when my dagger slit through you , when the holy fire shooting from the skies burned the last of your remaining flesh, I saw you were actually happy. Your eyes smiled for a brief moment before... before the remainder of your un-life flickered away.

I know you would have done the same to me. A service from an old friend to an old friend.

After the disruption of our soul-link that almost killed me I had been searching all over for you. As more and more time passed, I got to the point of desperation where I enlisted your wife and her demonic minions to my aid. Lady Kier took me to catacombs under Stormwind where the warlocks reside. The warlocks and their demonspawn friends seanced you - and we found you... in Undercity.

I travelled there and patrolled the gate of the city for days. I waited and waited and waited for you to come out. Hoping of course that you'd be in one piece and not a prisoner of the undead. Prisons have never kept you in that long, now have they?

I was horrified... terrified... apalled of what I saw when I first saw you. The Plague - the undead disease - had taken over, turned you into an abomination, forced you to live a life of not living in the cursed Forsaken city.

It seems the undead - that you were rescued from all those months ago in Kalimdor - finally got the last laugh. I saved you from death by entering death and dragging your soul to the land of living, I gave you a piece of me so you could live, and ...

I am sorry. I am so sorry.

Had I known then what your fate was going to be, I would've left you dead then, all those months ago.

And when I finally saw you, three days ago, in silvery moonlight, under the watchful eye of Elune, the remainder of your rotting flesh... I saw the way you looked at me when you recognized me in the shadows. I saw the pain and shame in your eyes, of what you had become. And the moment when your life left your body, I saw joy, purity, and redemption in your eyes.

I wish ... No. I pray that you forgive...

I had no choice. You knew that as well as I did. This time I did not strike from behind, from the shadows, like that time in Ironforge. This time there was no soul-link left. Whatever had become of you, my friend, it didn't have a piece of me anymore.

One can bury the dead, but not all the dead remain in the grave. That's why I did what I did. When the last streak of holy fire shot from the skies, it engulfed your corpse in fire. I watched it burn. And I watched it burn, untill all that remained was ashes.

Iani Ravenmoor, wherever you are now, I hope you're happy. I hope you're in peace. And I pray that you forgive me for all that has happened.

Goodbye, my friend!

1 comment:

Maximus said...

Great Site, great content! Thanks!!!!! My homepage: Spyware Remover